- Most people do this
- The majority do that
- Chances are, I’m right
When I received the dreaded call-back on the heels of my mammogram, I knew the odds.
Statistics were on my side.
- Only 8% to 10% of call-backs require a biopsy
- 80% of those biopsies will be benign
Sometimes, statistics don’t matter.
Although I should know better, I couldn’t help viewing this event as God’s little joke.
Turns out – statistics were on my side.
Further tests proved negative.
But, I couldn’t help but think how little statistics matter.
- To those diagnosed with cancer
- To parents of a sick child
- To survivors who beat the odds
Statistics are just numbers.
What’s in our heart is what matters most.
Live life to its fullest.